As a designer at LIV, you’ll be working collaboratively with your product team to help improve, shape and construct major features for the platform.
As part of that process, you’ll be creating and maintaining design materials while ensuring they are communicated effectively to those requiring them. You’ll be guiding the design of features from concept to release, then iterating on it as the team and community provide feedback.
You should be able to lead major design efforts and align them with the company strategy. Developing for a live community allows us to see whether or not a feature is performing as intended and respond – it’s rewarding and fun, and the impact of your work can be seen immediately.
- Work collaboratively with members of the team to design, release and iterate on major features of LIV
- Participate in all aspects of the design process to frame problems, research use cases and users, run playtests, define insights, share your vision, prototype and produce launch-ready assets
- Focus on systems design in LIV including reworking our first-time user onboarding, real-time controls of Avatars and cameras, plugins/modding discovery and our overall in-VR app information architecture
- Stay up to date with community feedback on LIV especially features that are design related
- Help build and iterate on prototypes with others where necessary
- Work to comprehensively understand how existing systems connect to and interoperate with new features being worked on
- Engage often in LIV and its related connected platforms like Discord, Twitch, Youtube, etc. to understand the environment well enough to be effective in the role
- Share knowledge and experience to help level up more junior members of the team
What You Bring
- 5+ years of experience working with Unity
- Proven ability to create products, interactions or UI systems that feel great in VR
- Experience across the full product development spectrum: from ideation and strategy to hands-on implementation
- An available online portfolio that showcases sound product thinking and strong design rationale through navigation, user flows, interaction design, and information architecture
- Data-driven analytics capabilities, user workflow diagramming, wireframing and prototyping
- Comfort in navigating problems and opportunities autonomously and independently
- Strong writing & verbal communication skills; the ability to convey complex problems in approachable ways
What LIV Brings
- Fully distributed company (work from (almost) anywhere in the world)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A "take time when you need it" vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Mental wellness budget
- Professional development budget
- Virtual movie nights, gaming sessions, and other fun team events
- Ownership over your work and ability to make a strong impact at growing startup
- Company sponsored event trips (gaming conferences, Twitchcon etc)
What is it like working at LIV?
At LIV you can expect to work with a tight knit, collaborative team. Our goal is to continue to be, and grow, as the de facto platform for VR and AR content creation & consumption. We work hard, but make sure that we enjoy the ride and lead with a humans-first approach.
LIV is a leader in VR capture, streaming and VTubing solutions. Our rise to fame was mixed reality capture with the globally viral Beat Saber videos, and since 2016 we’ve been leading the charge in providing the technologies for the next generation of streamers and content creators.
By joining LIV, you’ll join a bleeding edge VR capture & streaming technology company in the world, backed by some of the biggest names in VR and AR and used by the biggest streamers and creators in the world, such as Shroud, Pewdiepie and LSToast.
About LIV and your team
- LIV is an exciting 13-person startup in the VR industry
- We’re freshly funded and are proud to have some of the best gaming and VR investors in the world
- This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the company, with multiple big projects releasing in the coming months and fresh funding to execute
- You will be embedded on a product team, and you will meet your team members during the interview process
- The teams at LIV are diverse, and we're excited to add another team member that will bring their own unique perspective to everything we do
Talent Points that are particularly interesting to us:
- You enjoy working on side projects that are design-related
- You spend time in VR and have a good understanding of existing design patterns for VR menus and UI
- You’ve built content in social VR apps like VRChat or NeosVR
- You have degrees in game design, human interaction, or similar
How to apply
- Please use the form here to apply
- Though we'd like to, we're unable to respond to every applicant, so you'll only hear from us if we'd like to move forward with the interview process