As a Unity developer at LIV, you'll be contributing to our Unity-based creator tools.
LIV provides creators with the software necessary to capture and share their VR experiences in a way that's best for their audiences and viewers. As part of our focus this year, we are diving deep into Unity-based products so we can polish our UI, UX and boost our technical flexibility. We need engineers who have a broad range of knowledge working with Unity, particularly on long-term projects that are actively maintained by many people.
As this is a generalist role, even if you specialize in a specific area of Unity, please apply if you feel your skills could be beneficial for our quest to provide the best VR capture and spectator experience!
- Implement and maintain features within a large codebase
- Debug, iterate and problem-solve when users discover issues
- Consider LIV's role as a universal VR capture tool and how to produce good-looking content no matter what game or application is being captured
- Collaborate with the team to integrate community feedback in your work
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience working with Unity and have an understanding of high-level Unity architecture / design patterns
- Fluency with C# development & version control
- Fluency with different VR hardware
- Comfort in navigating problems and opportunities autonomously and independently
- Strong writing & verbal communication skills; the ability to convey complex problems in approachable ways
What LIV Brings
- Fully distributed company (work from (almost) anywhere in the world)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A "take time when you need it" vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Mental wellness budget
- Professional development budget
- Virtual movie nights, gaming sessions, and other fun team events
- Ownership over your work and ability to make a strong impact at growing startup
- Company sponsored event trips (gaming conferences, Twitchcon etc)
What is it like working at LIV?
At LIV you can expect to work with a tight knit, collaborative team. Our goal is to continue to be, and grow, as the de facto platform for VR and AR content creation & consumption. We work hard, but make sure that we enjoy the ride and lead with a humans-first approach.
LIV is a leader in VR capture, streaming and VTubing solutions. Our rise to fame was mixed reality capture with the globally viral Beat Saber videos, and since 2016 we’ve been leading the charge in providing the technologies for the next generation of streamers and content creators.
By joining LIV, you’ll join a bleeding edge VR capture & streaming technology company in the world, backed by some of the biggest names in VR and AR and used by the biggest streamers and creators in the world, such as Shroud, Pewdiepie and LSToast.
About LIV and your team
- LIV is an exciting 13-person startup in the VR industry
- We’re freshly funded and are proud to have some of the best gaming and VR investors in the world
- This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the company, with multiple big projects releasing in the coming months and fresh funding to execute
- You will be embedded on a product team, and you will meet your team members during the interview process
- The teams at LIV are diverse, and we're excited to add another team member that will bring their own unique perspective to everything we do
Talent Points that are particularly interesting to us:
- You have worked on any distributed Unity-based project using source control
- You have worked on cross-platform Unity development: Windows, iOS, Android, Mac & Linux
- You have implemented testing infrastructure for Unity projects
- You have an interesting story about how you solved a complicated engineering problem
- You have a VR headset, and have worked on projects that target multiple pieces of hardware
- You have degrees in graphics, software engineering, mathematics, or similar experience
How to apply
- Please use the form here to apply
- Though we'd like to, we're unable to respond to every applicant, so you'll only hear from us if we'd like to move forward with the interview process