As a Unity animation developer at LIV, you'll be working with the team to create and maintain a robust avatar solution for our platform.
Your impact on our software will be felt by all of our avatar creators, who work with an array of tracking devices and avatars to achieve their goals. Your aim will be to implement solutions that allows players and creators to inhabit any avatar of their choice using whatever VR tracking hardware they have available. Your users will have different levels of avatar complexity and will be playing an array of different games. Your input will also guide the design of our SDKs and avatar workflows.
You should be able to effectively design and implement animation systems that behave robustly across a wide range of situations; some players will want to dance, some will be playing high-skill competitive shooters, some will be sitting at their desks. You will be deploying updates directly into the hands of creators, so you will see and feel the impact of your work, and we want you to engage with our community!
- Research, iterate, refactor, and polish the LIV avatar solution
- Facilitate the creation of simple, approachable UI for capturing VR content with avatars
- Work to produce consistent and reliable results across many different pieces of VR hardware
- Consider LIV's role as a universal VR capture tool and how to produce good-looking content no matter what game or application is being captured
- Collaborate with the team to integrate community feedback in your work
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience working with animation in game engines
- 2+ years of experience working with Unity
- Fluency with C# development & version control
- Fluency with VR tracking or motion capture hardware
- Comfort in navigating problems and opportunities autonomously and independently
- Strong writing & verbal communication skills; the ability to convey complex problems in approachable ways
What LIV Brings
- Fully distributed company (work from (almost) anywhere in the world)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A "take time when you need it" vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Mental wellness budget
- Professional development budget
- Virtual movie nights, gaming sessions, and other fun team events
- Ownership over your work and ability to make a strong impact at growing startup
- Company sponsored event trips (gaming conferences, Twitchcon etc)
What is it like working at LIV?
At LIV you can expect to work with a tight knit, collaborative team. Our goal is to continue to be, and grow, as the de facto platform for VR and AR content creation & consumption. We work hard, but make sure that we enjoy the ride and lead with a humans-first approach.
LIV is a leader in VR capture, streaming and VTubing solutions. Our rise to fame was mixed reality capture with the globally viral Beat Saber videos, and since 2016 we’ve been leading the charge in providing the technologies for the next generation of streamers and content creators.
By joining LIV, you’ll join a bleeding edge VR capture & streaming technology company in the world, backed by some of the biggest names in VR and AR and used by the biggest streamers and creators in the world, such as Shroud, Pewdiepie and LSToast.
About LIV and your team
- LIV is an exciting 13-person startup in the VR industry
- We’re freshly funded and are proud to have some of the best gaming and VR investors in the world
- This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the company, with multiple big projects releasing in the coming months and fresh funding to execute
- You will be embedded on a product team, and you will meet your team members during the interview process
- The teams at LIV are diverse, and we're excited to add another team member that will bring their own unique perspective to everything we do
Talent Points that are particularly interesting to us:
- You've worked on your own animation tools, IK rigs or workflow
- You spend time in VR and have created avatars for VRChat, NeosVR, LIV, or other VTubing solutions
- You’ve experience working with motion capture solutions and animation retargeting
- You have degrees in game animation, mathematics, or similar
How to apply
- Please use the form here to apply
- Though we'd like to, we're unable to respond to every applicant, so you'll only hear from us if we'd like to move forward with the interview process