Are you passionate about virtual reality and finding ways to engage people on social media and Discord? LIV is looking to fill our Community Manager role as our own Atom (AtomBombBody) is moving into a Product role!
As a company by Creators for Creators, this is a rewarding & demanding role that will allow you to drive LIV’s social media and community engagement strategy.
We’re looking for someone who takes great pride in how they treat people and is equipped with excellent conflict resolution skills. You’ll need to be comfortable in VR as the role requires you to proactively reach out to community members and developers and engage them on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate is involved in content creation or streaming, either directly or as a contributor, has an understanding of current trends and gamer culture and has a good understanding of how LIV works.
- Keep the LIV Discord engaged with exciting activities, giveaways, and events
- Interact with the LIV community through social media (primarily Twitter and Reddit)
- Plan and execute promotion around new LIV products and features
- Help to pass along user feedback to our product teams responsible for building new LIV features
What you bring
- Strong understanding of Discord and its functionality (moderation, role management, etc)
- Understanding of social media and maintaining a professional-yet-fun social presence
- Great writing skills (to be used on social media, Discord and Reddit)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to ideate and drive forward your own work (with support from an awesome team)
- Willingness to grow and learn, including the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Interest in the VR and/or gaming industries
What we bring
- Fully distributed company (work from (almost) anywhere in the world)
- A "take time when you need it" vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Mental wellness budget
- Professional development budget
- Virtual movie nights, gaming sessions, and other fun team events
- Ownership over your work and ability to make a strong impact at growing startup
- Company sponsored event trips (gaming conferences, Twitchcon etc)
About LIV and your team:
- LIV is an exciting 13-person startup in the VR industry
- We’re freshly funded and have an incredible backing in Bitkraft, Hiro Capital, Seedcamp, Credo Ventures, Sony, Amazon, HTC VIVE, and Palmer Luckey, founder of Oculus.
- This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the company, with multiple big projects releasing in the coming months and fresh funding to execute
- You will be on the Community and Marketing team, and you will meet your team members during the interview process
- The Community and Marketing team is a diverse team, and we're excited to add another team member that will bring their own unique perspective to everything we do
Talent Points that are particularly interesting to us:
- Discord experience: server setup/management, moderating and bot managing (good bots)
- Video content and live-streaming experience (Tiktok, Youtube, Twitch)
- Passion for computer hardware, software and games
How to apply
- Please use the form here to apply
- Though we'd like to, we're unable to respond to every applicant, so you'll only hear from us if we'd like to move forward with the interview process