We are looking for a talented, full-stack Rust developer to write new and rewrite our old frontend & backend services in Rust.
LIV provides creators with the software necessary to capture and share their VR experiences. We strive to make integration with LIV as simple and performant as possible. Our SDK's are integrated by >50 developers monthly and we've integrated in over 2500 applications to date. You’ll work with indie and leading VR developers to embed LIV’s technology into their games, and put the power of our tooling into the hands of the world's largest community of VR creators. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to an important part of our tech stack and to get involved in the growing VR and games industry.
You will be the owner of your area -- this is a role with high responsibility / high ownership.
We are only reviewing applications that include a Cover Letter.
- Design, develop, and deploy new backend services using Rust.
- Build frontends with modern frameworks (Solid JS, Sveltekit etc.)
- Use Infrastructure as Code to deploy applications in the cloud
- Implement test-driven development practices to ensure code quality.
- Debug and monitor code, providing timely fixes and improvements.
- Port existing infrastructure from the old stack consisting of Node JS, React, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
- Conform to compliance frameworks such as GDPR & CCPA, ensuring that all developments adhere to legal standards.
- Cost estimations for deployments
- Proven experience in full-stack development, particularly in Rust
- Strong skills in test-driven development, debugging, and code monitoring.
- Familiarity with Node JS, React, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Containerised development (Docker, podman etc.)
- Experience with payment systems (Stripe)
- Experience in porting existing infrastructure to new technologies.
- Experience with Ansible automation
- Git and Perforce Helix Version Control
- Experience with CICD for game development
What We Bring
- Fully distributed company (work from (almost) anywhere in the world)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A "take time when you need it" vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development budget
- Virtual movie nights, gaming sessions, and other fun team events
- Ownership over your work and ability to make a strong impact at growing startup
- Company sponsored event trips (gaming conferences, Twitchcon etc)
- 2X/year company off-sites at a new location
What is it like working at LIV?
At LIV you can expect to work with a tight knit, collaborative team. Our goal is to continue to be, and grow, as the de facto platform for VR and AR content creation & consumption. We work hard, but make sure that we enjoy the ride and lead with a humans-first approach.
LIV is a leader in VR capture, streaming and VTubing solutions. You'll likely meet creators and game developers in the space, and become a part of our community. It's an excellent place to grow within VR and VR gaming. We're backed by some of the best VR and games investors used by the biggest streamers and creators in the world, such as Shroud, Pewdiepie and LSToast.
About LIV and your team
- LIV is an exciting 16-person startup in the VR industry
- We’re freshly funded and are proud to have some of the best gaming and VR investors in the world
- This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the company, with multiple big projects releasing in the coming months and fresh funding to execute
- The teams at LIV are diverse, and we're excited to add another team member that will bring their own unique perspective to everything we do
Talent Points that are particularly interesting to us:
- You have contributed to a UGC platform like VRChat, Rec Room, Gorilla Tag, Roblox and others
- You have worked on game-engine based SDK's in the past
- You have an interesting story about how you solved a complicated engineering problem
- You have a VR headset, and have worked on VR projects
- You have degrees in graphics, software engineering, mathematics, or similar experience
How to apply
- Please use the form here to apply
- We are only reviewing applications that include a Cover Letter.
- Though we'd like to, we're unable to respond to every applicant, so you'll only hear from us if we'd like to move forward with the interview process